The one thing you need to be happy

As the year of 2013 comes to a close I’ve thought of this point for much of my time.

What’s the one thing I need to be happy?
10 years ago I’d probably have said a PS2
5 years ago embarassingly enough to say would be a girl with “tig ol bitties”

However now I know for me to be happy above whatever else, I have to be me.

I say nay to being any other person

I say nay to being some lukewarm,watered down joyless boring member of society.

I say nay to being as those drones expect me to be. (Not being me is an exhausting exercise)

I say nay to being as the people of media that have been touched up more then a comic book.

I say nay to being how my colleagues would have me.

I say nay to being another kind of friend. (For some off reason they seem to like me this way anyways)

At this stage of my life not 1/3 done, already have I lost too much time grinding out the parts of me that were radical, awkward and lowering the parts of me that were too loud or too bright. To be just be another face at the mall you could tell no different from another.

And all of this is by my own hand. There are few truths in this world. And it’s taken the better part of 2 decades fully realize this one, but the truth I discovered is: people fucking love it when you’re real. Well as long as you’re not a dictator/asshole/murderer/piece of shit who likes nickleback *wink*.

It’s simple arithmetic How could I be happy if I’m not being myself? I’m just trying to make this imaginary, goes with crowd version of myself seem happy. And that is all kinds of short bus stupid.

But by all means , it can seem tricky at times if we don’t actually know who we are. But here we are on this big blue ball circling endlessly in space trying to figure out.

So if you’re insane in the membranes, be insane in the brain.

Should you have a passion, be passionate and enjoy it.

Should you be artistic, be artistic and explore it

Should you be not beautiful… go to Brazil they have great deals….Bull shit you are beautiful

Should you make mistakes, fix them and learn from them. To be perfect is to be boring.

Should you want to say fuck the fucking fuckers. Then say fuck the fucking fuckers and laugh!

If you’re different, for the love of the great spaghetti monster be that different person!

You know who had it spot-on? Goku! (Screw you guys I loved DBZ). Never did he sway from the person he was or be anyone else yet always surronded by truly dedicated friends and family.With this I leave you with my favorite quotes about being yourself and no one else.

“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.”

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind."

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

"FUCK THE FUCKING FUCKERS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment